The boyfriend is visiting from Chicago for an extended weekend, and we're actually in the library doing homework (or should I say, he's doing homework, while I am reading blogs, although I promise I'm only taking a break from my research). . . but I wanted to share a photo from last weekend's Polar Bear Plunge:

That's me, jumping into the Quemahoning Reservoir in an effort to raise money for the PA Special Olympics. Everyone else will remain anonymous in an effort to protect their good names. We did it in Maryland last year, but it was over 30 degrees and the water temperature was even warmer. And honestly, if you're making a point to do something outrageously cold, you might as well do it where it's cold.
I have a feeling Maryland isn't going to get much below 30 degrees this winter. It was nice to have that one weekend in the mountains, with snow and ice and slush. Maybe next year, Maryland, maybe next year.
This is a pretty unusual winter for the region (I live in Virginia). We aren't usually crazy cold or anything all winter, but this is way warmer than it usually is. We got snow here last night though!! Kinda nuts. It's supposed to be like 70 degrees again Thursday.
ReplyDeleteAnd I positively could not do this polar bear thing. I would literally die. If it was 60 degrees outside.