I could blame it on grad school, or I could be honest and say that part of the reason it's taken me so long to get back here is because I have been struggling with the idea of sharing parts of myself while trying to remain anonymous. But I didn't start this thing so I could be a part of a community as a nameless, faceless person. So I'm in the process of getting over that. And to prove it to myself, here is half of my face, wearing my mother's earrings and a gifted scarf -

- take that, anonymity!
But back to the title of this post. I'm in a social work program, and "resiliency" is this hokey word that gets tossed around a lot. I didn't give it much thought until recently, but now here I am, doing something new, trying to improve a part of myself in response to the knowledge that if I don't, I will never get to where I want to be. And that's part of being resilient. So in a vain attempt to bring back a part of myself that has been pushed aside for a long time, I'm getting the ball rolling. . . slowly.

That's the end for now. Thanks to a blogger I admire greatly for giving me the kick in the butt that I needed.
Haha, pretty soon you'll be so used to talking to strangers on the internet that you'll be OVERsharing and wondering how the hell THAT happened. It's not the strangers that make me uncomfortable when I'm wondering what to post-- it's the people I know. But then I remember they already know me, so if I look like a weirdo, they probably already knew that.
ReplyDelete